Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #9

Topix was a favorite - liked the immediate access to latest news that allowed you to choose your source. Wading through the blogs is cumbersome. Any tool that can make some sense of the multitude is helpful. The School Blogs on Suprglue and Edublogs were easy to use, and I'll use them as I set up my own. Syndic8 - didn't find it helpful or easy to use. Technorati was a favorite - easy to use, comprehensive, attractive - spent too much time there on pictures and videos. Found the lists of top blogs helpful.


Cool Cat Teacher was helpful will examine her blogroll more carefully to find blogs that will be most useful to me at work. I really need to weed and limit the number of blogs I follow if not I'll get bogged down with the overload and won't use them at all. I want information that is presented clearly and concisely. Not to sound harsh but I don't have time to wade though poetry and jokes - a little bit of that goes a long way. TechCrunch might be helpful to me, and I may follow Boing Boing for a while to find out why it's at the top of so many lists. I spent time on podcasts - I really think educators should make and use them.

2 comments:

  1. So many blogs...so little time. It IS hard to carve down the number to the really useful ones.
    Yes, podcasts are great and teaching students to use and create them is really useful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is hard to narrow down the blogs to the ones that are useful. I try to remember this when I teach students research skills.

    ReplyDelete