Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #13

Glad I was reintroduced to Delicious. I'm always saving URLs to My Favorites, building folders, and then forgetting about them. This is a tool that I will use and pass on to others. I can give my sites their own quirky tags and increase my chances of finding them, using them, and sharing them on a regular basis. It definitely has great potential as a research tool. We (teachers and I) can find sites for our kids on the topics they intend to research and them to a Delicious account. More time spent researching and less time off task. Our faculty will see the benefit immediately. Teachers can save lesson plan sites, tutorial sites, etc.

Speaking of which when I clicked on tutorials I found a site - XtraNormal - Text-To-Movie. It's a 3-D animation site that's easy to use and I can't wait to use it for my classes and the broadcast system. I spent an hour on it. The word awesome is overused but I have to say it - IT WAS AWESOME.................. And even better there other sites that do similar things - the potential for the classroom endless.......... Attention grabber!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment