Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #15

I agreed with Into a New World of Librarianship. Libraries must be atuned to user access, needs, and wants. They must build connections with their user community through useful and meaningful websites, blogs, instant messaging, MySpace, etc. Students spend a great deal of time emailing, instant messageing....We need to take our services to the places they frequent or be left behind. Our collections must reflect the needs of our patrons. I recently spent precious budget money on DVDs for our Science teachers instead of books. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. They are checked our constantly - rarely on the shelves. Our students tell me what they like and want but I want more feedback. In the process of building a new website that I hope will address this. I'm really fired up about this...hope I'm able to follow through successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment