Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #23

Really was impressed with Creative Commons. I want to share it with others. Would really like to put together a similar type lesson. All the library resources that I found. Learning how to work with my blog – adding video really helped me. Atomic Learning…all of the similar sites – really enjoy self-paced learning. The sites and blogs that we were introduced to will help me keep pace with the technology that I need to be using with our students. I am a life-long learner – enjoy learning new things. Now know that I've been given the tools to make the learning easier and more meaningful. As soon as my blog graduates I will re purpose it for the library. Have had one in the past but never really knew how to use it effectively - now I do. I considered myself fairly knowledgeable about all things technological. Was surprised by how much I did not know. The program was more time consuming than I imagined it would be, but (and I mean this sincerely) I learned so much more than I ever expected. Being taught how to do something and then having to put it into practice on our blog, Flckr, Photostory – great. The format worked for me. On the right hand side of the page I would have liked Rules Sheet to have been a link to a sheet that listed dates, how to graduate, and other info in a brief bulleted format. I definitely would participate in another 23 Things. Because I have family that lives out of town it is often hard to schedule staff development in the summer. It’s great to learn at your own pace, in your own place, and be part of a meaningful learning experience. Unexpected is the one word I would use to describe my experience – exceeds expectations, the phrase. Highly recommended, two thumbs up are others. Thanks.

1 comment: