Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #22

My favorite of the Nings was the Texas School Librarian Ning. I think Nings are special because they get like minded people together who are passionate about something – profession, hobby, etc. They love sharing the best of their knowledge. In their collaboration they grow, inspire, and encourage others to do likewise. Just browsing the Nings I found two videos that I can use to help my students. Here's one http://txschoollibrarians.ning.com/video/789171:Video:954

I would like to use a Ning for a Reading Circle. Have invited students talk about what they’ve been reading – critique books and recommend them. Have students vote on favorite all time books (funniest, scariest, etc.) and post the results for all to see in our library. At school teams, departments, subject areas (district), grade levels, and classrooms could effectively use Nings.

No comments:

Post a Comment