Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing #20

Had a great deal of trouble accessing TeacherTube. Finally got into searching videos and had a ball. I love this stuff. They have everything you can imagine pertaining to a library, from a clip of Mr. Bean in a library to some pretty good lessons. They vary widely in quality and content. Some have great content but the sound quality or picture quality is poor. I saved several that I will weed through later when I have more time to use in my library lessons. Found others that I think our teachers will use. I would never have thought that YouTube would be such a good resource for the classroom. The more specific your search the better, but you still have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. There are so many videos to go through on every topic, and many that look promising at first, aren't and vice versa. But I think it's worth the effort. I want to make some videos of my own but there's no sense in reinventing the wheel. We are fighting for kids' attention, and we need tools just like this one for our 21st century learners. The video that I embedded is a Dewey Decimal rap. It's hilarious, and the kids will love it. A great way to begin and end our lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment